Welcome to IMS Forums 6. Bug Reports Bug Reports Reply To: Bug Reports

I tend to agree with you, Dylan. I don’t see much value added in the “Follow” function, especially if it doesn’t notify, via email, one of any activity by those they follow.
The plug-in that is used for the follow function states:
“This plugin adds:
Following / Followers tabs to user profile pages
Follow / Unfollow buttons on user profile pages and in the members directory
A new “Following” activity directory tab
An “Activity > Following” subnav tab to a user’s profile page
Menu items to the WP Toolbar”

It doesn’t mention anything about notifications. And, based on what I can see from my use of it, it doesn’t appear to include any music posting activity, be it posting a song, or commenting on a song.
It appears to cover only items pertaining to actions taken in their profile (updated profile pic, etc.) or in the forums.

Again, I agree with you that it doesn’t appear very useful. Unfortunately, there isn’t much in the way of other “follow” plug-ins available to replace it with.

Site Items You Should Be Aware Of

1. NOTE: Spammers WILL be BANNED.
  2. Posting a comment on a song will reload the page, as the comment is saved. This will stop the play of music that may be currently playing.
  3. DO NOT include special characters in your song filenames and titles. this will cause issues with the file being able to be properly uploaded.
  4. For further information on IMS, please see our F.A.Q. pages: https://indiemusic.space/forums/forum/faq-creation-area/
Secured By miniOrange